Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thank you to the Innovators

I am trying to keep up with all the new ways of doing genealogy.  I go to conferences when convenient, I read books on DNA and Social Networking, I try to make sense of the proper way to write my sources, I read about 10 blogs religiously and another 20 occasionally, listen to webinars, and because I am involved with helping beginners, I need to know all these new things.  Unfortunately, I have very little time to go back to some of my early research and fill in what needs to be done.  This is frustrating to me.  I guess I just cannot be a Randy Seaver,  Judy Russell , Thomas MacEntee and Pat Richley-Erickson.  When do they ever have time for themselves?  Thank you all for your innovative work.  We need your expertise to counteract  the toxic genealogy that happened on the internet over the last 20+ years.  Instead of complaining about the name gatherers, you are working very hard to show the way genealogy needs to be done.