Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pastfinders of South Lake County

Most of my genealogical research has been in the northeastern states - all of New England, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.  I didn't realize how lucky I was with the availability of research materials until I moved to Florida and began helping other people discover their families through our Help Session program of Pastfinders of South Lake County Genealogical Society.  I have worked with people researching most of the US as well as 1st and 2nd generation Americans who want to know about immigration and researching in Eastern Europe, South American, Latin America, Greece, Germany, France and more.  While I have not become an expert in any of these areas, every moment spent in research is an exciting exploration into new territories.